Monday, March 10, 2008

son of I heart books

I went to the local used book store today to try and find a copy of Dragondrums by Anne McCaffrey--because I've only read it 1,000,000 times and I'd like to reread it--but they didn't have one. I found a copy of Another Fine Myth instead, by Robert Aspirin. I was all into the Myth books when I was in high school but haven't thought about them in years. Same with McCaffrey's Pern books, for that matter. (And I got to where I couldn't stand McCaffrey, although I will still read that one particular trilogy.)

I also got my nephew a nice hardback copy of one of the newer Redwall books. He's about to turn eleven and is reading those things like eating. Last year it was the Hank the Cowdog books. I tried to read Redwall last year and couldn't gag my way through all the adjectives and adverbs, but at least he's reading.

No comments: