Monday, March 17, 2008

Structure, ho!

My unexpected but on the whole pleasant vacation is at an end, as I'm starting another temp job tomorrow. I'm glad, because I need money coming in, but I do love having lots and lots and lots of free time.

But while I was off this past week, I didn't actually get much writing done. I revised Jack of All Trades and I wrote about 1,000 words on the poor neglected White Rose, and I wrote some more of that horror story that's not actually going very well--but that's it, and I had 10 days with almost nothing to do.

I am, on the other hand, more than one-third of the way through Exile I. Best. game. ever. I've only played it (and Exile II and III) about a jillion times, and I have a whole notebook full of maps and notes. Priorities!

Anyway, now that my writing time is about to be curtailed, I expect my writing output will increase. When I have free time, I waste it; when I don't have much free time, I use it to write. Writing needs structure, I guess, so even when I am (hopefully) one day able to quit my day job to write full time, I probably won't. Maybe.

No comments: